Getting attendance approval from your manager is sometimes a challenge, as it takes time and money. This page contains help and suggestions on how to make your case effectively.
When you propose attending ILMF, it is key to focus specifically on what you will bring back to the organization. ILMF is the place to learn the latest in airborne, terrestrial, and underwater LiDAR as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technologies. Attend ILMF to learn how other organizations and academics are tackling the similar problems that your organization is facing.
GAIN KNOWLEDGE FROM THE CONFERENCE PROGRAM:
- State your organization’s specific goals or needs, and then state how specific components of the conference will help meet those needs.
- Which topic tracks or specific sessions have particular relevance to your department’s or organization’s current priorities and goals? Are there sessions that will provide insight into a particular challenge or goal your organization is facing right now, or expects to face in the next 12 months? Identify specifically what you can use, and how.
- Which of the sessions are most relevant to your professional development goals or your organization’s expectations of you? What new skill(s) or approach(es) will you bring back?
- Be sure to state how ILMF will enable you to meet and interact with industry professionals in similar roles and organizations from around the country. You will be able to take the pulse of what your peer organizations are talking about and planning for, and how they are accomplishing their specific goals.
EXHIBIT HALL BENEFITS:
- Explain that the conference showcases over 100 vendors focused on LiDAR and 3D geospatial data collection technologies to support transport, urban modeling, coastal zone mapping, utility asset management and more. Visiting with vendors and attending product preview presentations will allow you to gain a broader perspective of the tools and solutions available to you and the company.
- Note that this is also an opportunity to collect first-hand information, and compare competing products and gain knowledge of the companies you may be wanting to evaluate.
- After the conference is the perfect time to explain that attending ILMF was beneficial for not only you as an attendee, but for your company as a whole. Approximately two weeks post-event, all full conference pass holders will receive an email with PDF versions of the presentation slides.